Rate of Pay: Competitive; commensurate with experience
Reports to: SVP Programming & Corporate
Contract: One year, with option to renew (start: June 2016)
Lark Productions is seeking an experienced television professional to lead the company’s unscripted department. The successful candidate will have;
- A comprehensive understanding of the North American television marketplace and experience in managing high-level broadcaster relationships (Canada & the USA).
- A proven track record in developing unscripted ideas from conception to pitch to commissioning.
- A proven ability to lead and inspire internal and external creative teams.
The successful candidate will also be required to;
- Lead strategy on unscripted development.
- Oversee all production aspects of Lark’s unscripted production slate.
- Oversee and manage the assets, rentals and budget of Lark’s production and post production facilities.
- Attract, retain and motivate key talent and production staff.
- Ensure individual productions remain in compliance with Lark and NBCUI policies.
- Ensure accurate monthly cost and production reporting on each Lark production.
The Head of Unscripted Programming is a key part of Lark’s senior management team, helping to drive the company’s corporate strategy. You must be a team player and possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
The position is based at Lark’s office in the heart of Vancouver’s Chinatown, and semi-regular domestic and international travel is required.
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com